There are two things I love… cola and chocolate cake! Seriously… they are probably my two favorite guilty pleasures. So… I put them together and made a Chocolate Cola Cake. It is delicious! The cola just makes the cake super moist so this cake is definitely one you will want to serve at a party or gathering. Oh and did I mention there is a surprise inside – mini marshmallows are added into the mix for that extra depth sweetness with every bite.
I will warn you…. you will lick the bowl clean. 😉
Don’t worry, this recipe isn’t hard or expensive. You will please the crowd without a lot of work with this Cola Cake recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1 cup cola
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1-2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 1 stick ofbutter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup cola
- 4 cups of powered sugar (sifted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix the cake mix, cola, butter, milk and eggs until thoroughly mixed.
- Once completely mixed, stir in the mini marshmallows.
- Pour into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- Mix in the cocoa power and cola. Bring just to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir constantly.
- Mix in the powdered sugar until a the icing thickens. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Pour on top of the cake.
- Let the cake cool completely before serving.