Get ready, because you are going to LOVE this Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe.
Do you have a soup recipe you love? Something you go to when you just feel like soup? Something comforting and delicious? One of my favorite go-to soups is this easy chicken enchilada soup recipe. This is everything you look for in a comfort soup and then some.
If you like this soup, you should also try my Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup. This is equally yummy! Both of these soups are super easy to throw together and they both taste simply amazing packed with flavor.
If you are in the market for a new Crock pot, here are some nice ones on sale. I have a pretty basic 6-Quart Crockpot and I love it! Don’t forget to purchase some Crockpot liners, too. They make clean up SO much easier! I have enough dishes to wash, I don’t need the crockpot taking up space in my sink. 😉
Ingredients you need:
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions to make Easy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe:
1. Place everything in the crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
3. Once cooked, shred the chicken and mix together.
4. We topped ours with diced avocado, cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.
This makes a TON of food so be prepared for leftovers! Some of my kids (and even me) think this easy chicken enchilada soup recipe tastes even better the next day.
Try these other delicious Mexican recipes:
- Baked Mexican Chicken – Coated with crushed tortilla chips!
- Mexican White Cheese Dip – Queso Blanco
- Quick Salsa Verde de Tomatillo Recipe
- The Best Flour Tortilla Recipe
- Southwest Crockpot Chicken and Rice