I have a super easy and delicious new recipe for you – Easy Pumpkin Cake! When I say easy, I mean easy! This cake has only 3 ingredients: cake mix, canned pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. You can’t get much easier than that.
I know it seems simple, but this is all you need for a super moist cake this season. Bring this to your Thanksgiving feast and your family will be please. 😉
If you want an added sweetness like my family make sure you make the optional glaze. Don’t worry – it is easy too. You only need three ingredients too.
So, if you are looking for a delicious dessert using what you probably have just sitting in your pantry, look no further than this Pumpkin Cake recipe.
- 1 box cake mix (I used Butter Golden)
- 1 can 100% Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Mix cake mix, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- Bake according to package directions (350 degrees). I used a Golden Butter cake mix, but you could use white or yellow or even spice cake.
- While cake bakes, make glaze - whisk together ingredients until a pourable drizzle forms. Add more powdered sugar if its too thin, more apple juice if its too thick.
- Serve cake and drizzle glaze over the top.
I told you this Pumpkin Cake recipe was easy!
There are simple ways to change this cake recipe. The next time I make it I think I will add a crumble topping like the one I used on these Pumpkin Muffins. You can also add chopped nuts or maybe even raisins.
What would you add to this Pumpkin Cake recipe to make it your own?
If you are looking to serve this cake in the dish, I really like this light blue one and this baking dish is gorgeous plus it comes with a stand. Your Pumpkin Cake will be the center of attention in this dish. 😉
If you love pumpkin as much as my family, make sure you try these other pumpkin recipes: