Mmmmm… Pumpkin Cookies! When I say these cookies are the best ever… I mean it! There is something about a warm moist cookie on a crisp fall day. I don’t know about you, but when it comes to fall baking, one of the first ingredients I think of is pumpkin.
I’ve already shown you a delicious Pumpkin Muffin Recipe, a super moist Pumpkin Bread Recipe, and some fun Pumpkin Cupcakes, so today I have these delicious Pumpkin Cookies for you to try. There are only a handful of ingredients (most of which you probably already have on hand). This recipe is very easy to follow so you can have these mixed and baked in under 15 minutes. However, the cookies will look and taste so good people will think you’ve spent hours on them. 😉
Time saving tip: If you are still scooping cookies with two spoons, you really need to get yourself some stainless steel scoops! I have had mine for several years and I use them for all types of baking. I used the smallest of the 3 scoops for these Pumpkin Cookies and they were just the right size for adults and kids.
Give these pumpkin cookies a try and share the rave reviews you get.
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together all dry ingredients: flour through salt.
- Cream sugar and butter together. Slowly stir in pumpkin.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until thick batter forms.
- Pour confectioner's sugar in bowl. Scoop or spoon about a tablespoon of batter onto sugar and roll to coat. Place coated cookies on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
These Pumpkin Cookies taste great right out of the oven. However, if you can wait a little bit, they taste even better the next day! I know that sounds crazy, but the longer these cookies sit, the more rich the flavor becomes. Don’t believe me? Try it! Make this Pumpkin Cookie recipe and try some right away. Then try some the next day, and then the day after that.
Let us know what you think. Do you like these fresh out of the oven or a day or two later? That might seem like an easy enough question. The only challenge will be to see if you and your family can actually make these last more than a day or two. 😉
If you love pumpkin recipes as much as my family does make sure you check out all our pumpkin recipes.