Did you enjoy the pumpkin cake recipe? Well, I have a similar recipe to share with you today that I think you are going to love – pumpkin cupcakes! These cupcakes are so easy and delicious. I made a delicious, yet equally simple cream cheese frosting to top these pumpkin cupcakes.
Make sure you try some of our delicious cupcakes. I know you will find more your family will love.
All you need to make this recipe is a boxed cake mix and some pumpkin puree. Make sure you also see how to make pumpkin puree easily to save you money. If you don’t have a cupcake pan (or you’re like me and you need a new one), I love this 12 cup muffin pan. This recipe makes 12 pumpkin cupcakes so this pan works perfectly. To make the cream cheese frosting, I simply blended butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar. When you make the frosting, it works best if you whisk with a standing mixer.
If you have about 30 minutes, you can whip up these pumpkin cupcakes. Head to the store, grab the few ingredients needed, and wow your family with these tasty treats.
- Boxed Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Spice Cake)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (or 1 can 100% pumpkin) Make sure you also see how to make pumpkin puree easily to save you money.
- pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup cubed butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together cake mix and pumpkin. Mix until well combined. You can also easily make homemade canned pumpkin too. See how to make pumpkin puree.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full. This will make 12 cupcakes.
- Bake at 350 F for 12-16 minutes or until top of cupcake bounces back when pressed down lightly.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese with electric mixer with whisk attachment. Slowly add powdered sugar, whisking for 3-4 minutes. Add up to 1 tablespoon of milk if the icing is too thick.
- Once cooled, frost the cupcakes. You can add a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice for added flavor and presentation.
Even if you are not a big fan of pumpkin flavored things, you need to give this recipe a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how much you like these. I have some pumpkin-picky eaters and they all loved these pumpkin cupcakes.
Make sure you try our other frugal and fabulous pumpkin recipes: