Oh my… this s’mores cupcakes recipe will make your mouth water. These melt in your mouth s’mores cupcakes have all the joy of a warm and gooey s’more but packed into a delicious cupcake!
That way you can enjoy campfire s’mores any time of the year.
Now my inspiration started when I made the ghost cupcakes for Halloween. I used my homemade marshmallow creme instead of regular icing on that fun recipe. As I took at bite I realized that if I had graham crackers, this would taste just like s’mores! And just like that these fun cupcakes were born.
Now the fun part is that these are so easy to make that even the kids can make them on their own. In fact… I had two super cute helpers with me.
There is just something about the combo of marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers that make the perfect dessert, don’t you think?
Now you can easily just leave the graham crackers whole like I did or you can crush them up and sprinkle them over the top of your cupcakes. I have done them both ways but my kids like the graham crackers whole just a bit more.
- 1 Chocolate cake mix (made into 24 cupcakes)
- 1 batch of Homemade Marshmallow Creme (Learn How to make Marshmallow Creme)
- cinnamon graham crackers – one sleeve
How to make S’mores Cupcakes recipe:
- Make and bake cupcakes as directed on the package. You could use a homemade cupcake recipe too if you wanted.
- Spoon a Tablespoon (or two) of marshmallow cream on top of each cupcake.
- Place under the broiler for 30 seconds until it starts to melt slightly – that way is spreads out over the cupcake and looks like a melted marshamallow.
- Top with graham crackers. You can break them in half, like I did, or you can top with crushed graham crackers.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
See I told you it was super easy to make!
Before you start making these cupcakes, make sure you have all of the materials you need. I don’t know why, but I never seem to have cupcake liners when I need them.
Try some of these other delicious S’mores Desserts:
Since you obviously love s’mores, I thought you might like a few of these other delicious s’mores desserts.