We have had some family stuff and our friends have been so kind to bring dinner to help us. One of them brought us walking tacos, and we loved them. So… of course, we made them again.
Yes… it is tacos in a bag!
I just had to share with you this easy walking tacos recipe because our family simply loves them. It is so easy too! The kids just love the fact that they are eating tacos in a bag. The first time they had them, they kept asking, “So no plate? No bowls?” It was hilarious. We kept telling them, nope. We just are eating tacos in a bag.
Once they get used to it, they loved it!
It is the perfect dinner for crazy busy weeknight meal… or a family party… or just because. 🙂
- single serve bag of Doritos (or Fritos) – one person
- 2 lbs of taco meat ready (we use our homemade taco seasoning mix)
- Favorite taco toppings (chopped lettuce, tomatoes, homemade guacamole, shredded cheese, or sour cream)
How to make Walking Tacos:
- Prepare your taco meat. We like to use our Homemade taco seasoning mix recipe and I even like to add in 1/4 cup of salsa to our taco meat.
- Prepare the taco toppings.
- You will need at least one bag of single serve Doritos for every person. We buy ours in bulk at Sam’s or online on Amazon.
- Each person will crush their bag of chips to crunch up the Doritos.
- Cut open the bag of Doritos down the side.
- Spoon the Taco meat inside and then top with your favorite taco toppings.
- Stir with a spoon and eat straight from a bag!
Change up the classic Walking Tacos Recipe:
This Walking Tacos recipe is easy to change up, just by changing your chips.
The fun thing about this Walking tacos recipe is that everyone will love it and they can make it their way just by changing the chips and by adding in what they want.
Plus Mom will love it, because the clean up will be less. 😉 At least, that might be my personal favorite part.
Time Saving Tip:
Make your taco meat ahead of time. Toss it in the crock pot with 1/4 cup of water and your taco meat will stay fresh, warm, and delicious! Then it is ready when you are ready to eat. This is a great tip for those of you throwing a party or family gathering too.