We love making fun Valentine’s Day treats at our house that don’t take a lot of work. From cake mix cookies, to simple cake recipes… life needs to be fun. However, it also has to be quick and frugal in our house and this Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe is just that. 😉This White Chocolate Popcorn recipe is exactly that! I used white chocolate chips instead of almond bark, but almond bard would be good too. However we can get white chocolate chips cheaper right now because of our coupons and the after season sales. Almond bark rarely goes on sale.
I also used just half a package of white Chocolate chips instead of a whole package. I find that my kids like it better if the popcorn is just drizzled with the chocolate instead of covered in it.
Ingredients you need:
You just need a bag of popcorn and then a half a bag of white chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Make sure you mix in between. It took one and half minutes for mine to melt.
Now you have to act quick.
Spread the popcorn on a cookie sheet. I suggest lining the pan with parchment paper. Then take a fork or a spoon and drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn.
Quickly top with your favorite sprinkles. Since Valentines Day is just around the corner we did pink and red sprinkles.
Obviously you can do any other colors depending on the celebration:
- Valentine’s Day – pink and red sprinkles
- Father’s day – blue sprinkles
- St. Patrick’s Day – green sprinkles
- Wedding anniversary – you could you sprinkles that matches the colors of your wedding. How cute!
- Thanksgiving – orange sprinkles
- Halloween – Orange and black sprinkles
As you can see… this is a fun treat for any holiday! Or…. just for fun!
Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
- 1 bag of popcorn - popped
- ½ bag of white chocolate morsels (or you could use a whole bag)
- Spread out the popped popcorn on a cookies sheet.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Quickly drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles.
- Allow to cool. Then break apart and enjoy!
Since Love is in the air, we called this BE MINE popcorn. 😉 The kids loved it. So you are probably wondering..
How much did this quick treat cost us?
I got my bagged popcorn on sale for $.50 (3 bags) which means one bag cost me $.17. I got the white chocolate cost me $1 for the bag, so I only used $.50 worth. My total cost was under $1! Talk about a great treat for the family without spending a ton of money!
What are you waiting on? Go make yourself some Valentine’s Day white chocolate popcorn! YUM!